Being a good teen mom


So this year was the year I became a mother of a teenager! I don't even know how this happened because honestly I remember my High School Matric Ball like it was yesterday. When I told this to the cashier at Exclusive books when buying my now teenager his favourite books for his birthday she laughed way too loud which led me to believe that despite my denial I must definitely look older than I think.

Once again I know that having been a teenager myself that life just seems to be out to get you and nothing seems fair but being on the other side now I am like WTH is wrong with you and why are you sooooooooooooooooo moody. Honestly being the only female in a house full of males I should be the only one allowed to throw hissy fits but no I can tell you boys can throw tantrums just as well as girls lol. Everything seems like such an effort and every request seems like its monumental, take for example when I say "Please can you go and dry off the dishes in the kitchen", one would swear I asked him to build a house from the ground up. It takes every ounce of self control to not want to snap at him every time urgh!

Over and above the drama being turned up to volume 15 we are also tired 24/7, no matter what time he wakes up or what time of the day I see him he is tired. The other day he did nothing but watch Tv, play some Xbox and read and I had to hear I am so tired, I was like tired of doing nothing maybe! I think the next time he is going to tell me he is so tired I might just tell him that I am tired of hearing about how tired he is lol.

The final cherry on the icing of this teenage cake is the fact that his brother cannot even breathe in the same direction as him then World War 2 breaks out, today I heard a commotion and when I went to check he was sulking when I asked why he said because his brother nags him all the time, then he sits on his bed, then his phone fell and when he went to pick up his phone his shoe (which he left on the floor himself) hit him in the private area and his exact words was "just why". In my mind I thought, well if you didn't spend so much time watching your phone your hand would not have gotten tired, your phone would not have fallen and if you packed away your shoes like I am always telling you to it would not have hurt you but instead I hugged him and told him that it will all be okay because I think that's just what I am supposed to do right?

So what should I do to be considered a good teen mom? Honestly I have no freaking idea and if you find out please let me know because this stuff is hard. Kids, let alone teens do not come with an instruction manual and if I don't learn good coping mechanisms soon I may not be held responsible for consequences lol. All jokes and frustrations aside I love my kids and I suppose all I can hope for is that they turn out to be responsible, considerate and caring adults that make a difference in the world.

Comments

  1. Love the blog Sam. High School will bring his own problems (trust me I learnt this the hard way). Teenagers is not fun and when Nirvana wants to cuddle again, I am ready and waiting even when if it is just for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback, it is always appreciated. I don't think I am ready or equipped to deal with High School Drama just yet lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#CovidSurvivor

Guess who's back WCED....

My Covid Journey #Surviving