My Covid Journey Continued #Surviving

Tomorrow marks a week since receiving my positive results and today was probably the hardest day emotionally for me. For those that know me positivity is something that comes so naturally to me however today I find myself searching for that positivity. Today I just feel like I have had enough, like all I want to do is hold my kids and give them kisses, when Zach stands at the door of my bedroom and says he misses laying next to me, I literally feel my heart breaking a little. I know this too shall pass and it is more than likely very human to be feeling this way, after all its nearly the end of the first week.

Lets start with what has transpired since my last blog, we received the results of the boys back and we were overjoyed that both boys tested negative, however sadly Andre too was positive. The doctor was telling me how strange and varied each persons reaction to this virus is and I can see that first hand between Andre and myself. Andre is asymptomatic whereas I had every symptom known thus far excluding diarrhea. From the moment of receiving those results my mind raced with questions like what do we do now, should we send the boys to family and if not would they be okay. We decided that given that we had all been living together all along and they had not caught it that we would keep them with us however place boundaries in place to ensure everyone's safety, so masks to be worn in the common areas of the house and only in their room did they not need it however we were not allowed in their rooms at all and the same goes for us in our room. With Andre being asymptomatic he would see to meals for us, we however made sure that not only did he wash his hands but sanitized afterwards as well to ensure no contamination.

Since posting my first blog in the week the response has been so overwhelmingly positive and even though I could not personally thank each and everyone of you, please know that we are so utterly grateful for every FB Message, WhatsApp and Call received and mostly for all the prayers. I was so nervous to put out that blog because I did not know what to expect as this virus is something everyone fears and I did not want anyone to ostracize us for having had it in our household.

We are doing well, each day gets a little better, today I even made it to the yard for the first time and stood in the sun for a few minutes, my nausea has its days but my appetite seems to be coming back and so is the taste of food again. Fevers don't come as frequently anymore and I have not had a headache in 2 days. Still struggling with my chest but this is to be expected given my Asthma but we monitor this frequently, we had a slight scare the other night as my stats dropped and the doctor wanted to have me admitted to hospital but by Gods grace things turned around and I thankfully did not have to go.

I spent a lot of time sleeping this week which is something I definitely don't normally do, I would be laying in bed and next thing I know I wake up, sleep however is good for you and the bodies way of healing so not a bad thing at all. Andre and the boys are in good spirits as well, I just think that the four walls have been closing in on all of us. Things get better day by day and I am reminded as Annie would say "The Sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow will be bright" Here is to a bright tomorrow. #ThankYouAll #Blessed

Comments

  1. You'll defitely make it through this all, From Gilbert [traceys friend) side note... Very well written too.. Kep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Jesus.. So happy you are feeling a lot better. You are strong.. We are praying

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about Andre as I know the mental mind shift needed when one parent is affected. I have to wonder though if I would have heard the negativity in your narrative because positive is your second name. Thank you for soldiering on, praise God the Almighty you did not need to go to the hospital and thank Him again that although Andre is positive, he is still able to do what is needed. The prayers will continue, the requests to God will continue because He is our savings grace, strength and stay...#muchlove#previousonewhovreceivedsupportfromyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam and family by Gods grace you will overcome this and walk away warriors because God is Good all the time and will carry you.You and family are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#CovidSurvivor

Guess who's back WCED....

My Covid Journey #Surviving